Wednesday, April 14, 2010
We Want It Wednesday! - Collection 4, World Tour
Anyway, welcome to our fourth We Want It Wednesday! Since our last one ended with us jetting to Europe, we decided to continue the travel theme, so this week is a World Tour! We found lots of interesting things from the major continents of the world, and Younger Sis felt like she was learning stuff while looking for these exotic items.
So stay seated at all times, with your seatbelt on, hands and arms inside the ride, and let's begin!
Top row, left to right: starting in Europe, we have these beautiful Matryoshka dolls, or Russian stacking dolls. Traveling south to Africa we get this amazing mask from the Dan Tribe in Liberia, and returning to North America we head to the great state of Texas (practically its own country) for this lovely Texan flag wallhanging.
Bottom row, left to right: from the Asian continent we find this stunning vintage Chinese foot-binding slipper, go to South America for this jungle-themed necklace with matching earrings, and then head to Australia to get this boomerang painted in Aboriginal style.
Crikey, we're finished! What other souvenirs would you have brought home?
(top left to right, then bottom left to right)
1. Ornate Russian Matryoshka Dolls - by Jasmine2010
2. Vintage African Mask from the Dan Tribe of Liberia - by Retro58
3.Texas Flag Bluebonnet Wildflower Quilt Country Art - by aellisdesigns
4. Vintage 19th Century Chinese Lotus Slipper, Geisha, Embroidered Dragonfly, Bound Feet - by TheHilltopShop
5. Set of Necklace and Earrings assembled from carved wood and seeds - by BrazilianSoulImports
6. 15 Inch Hand Painted Boomerang - by VintageTreasures123